Martha Stewart makes me homesick. Okay, let me clarify that.
I grew up in the American Midwest, surrounded by corn fields, farmland, and berry-picking expeditions every summer. When I started paging through Martha’s American Food I couldn’t help but feel nostalgic. Several of these dishes made frequent appearances on our dinner table: meatloaf, chicken pot pies, tuna noodle casserole, pot roast, sloppy joes, kielbasa, creamy coleslaw, green bean casserole, strawberry shortcake, cherry pie. Oh, I’m drooling on my keyboard. That’s attractive.
This cookbook is full of Mom’s home cooking Martha-fied! The photos are gorgeous, the recipes are classic and easy—as American food should be, and she covers every region from coast to coast. But don’t fret, my Canadian friends, as “American” as this cookbook is, I think you’re going to absolutely love it.
In fact, I’m overjoyed to offer a copy to one of you lovely, lucky readers.
To enter this contest: Tell me your favourite “American” food in the comments below!
Contest closes May 2, 2012. Canadian residents only, excluding Quebec. Winner will be chosen at random from the eligible entries.
For more great articles and contests, sign up for our Joie de Vivre lifestyle newsletter here.
Full contest rules:
1. All entries must be entered on-line, at www.booklounge.ca, by leaving a comment on the contest post in the Insiders’ Blog. The entrant must answer the question posed in the blog post.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The contest begins on Wednesday, April 18, and closes on Wednesday May 2, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST. Random House of Canada Limited is not responsible for on-line entries that are lost or misdirected. The winner will be randomly selected by no later than May 4, 2012, and will be notified by email. If we do not receive a response to our email within 7 days, a new winner will be chosen.
4. Entrants may enter only once for each giveaway. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of on-line entries received.
5. The prize consists of one copy of Martha’s American Food.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. Approximate retail value is $46.00
7. Contest is open to all Canadian residents over the age of 18 years, except the residents of the province of Québec, employees of Random House of Canada Limited, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, or members of their immediate families.
8. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Random House of Canada Limited will not be responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
9. The winners will be posted on the Booklounge.ca Web site at the end of the contest period. Entering the contest constitutes consent to the use of the winner’s statement for publicity and promotional purposes on behalf of Randomhouse.ca and with no additional compensation or further permission (except where prohibited by law). Other entry names will NOT be used for subsequent mail solicitation.
Copyright © 2011 Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Enter to Win Martha’s American Food'.