We had such great participation and so many wonderful reviews for our first ever Random Reader Challenge that we’re doing it all over again! Now that our Historical Fiction challenge is…well, history, it’s time to reveal what’s in store for you next:
Our second challenge will target your inner teen spirit. Remember those fabulously awkward years of books, boys, and blemishes? Oh yeah! For this challenge, you’ll be reading a Young Adult novel!
The challenge will run from
March 1 – April 30
Here’s how to get started:
1. Grab the challenge button to display on your blog.
2. Post a comment below with your blog link so we know you’re participating.
NOTE: Don’t have a blog but still want to play? Use your social media URL such as Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads, and post your review there instead!
3. Buy, borrow, download (but don’t steal!) and read any ONE of the following books (yes, audiobooks count too!):
The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong (Check out the video trailer and sneak peek at book 2!)
The Taming by Teresa Toten and Eric Walters (Check out the video trailer!)
Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale (Check out the video trailer!)
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
The Fathomless Fire by Thomas Wharton
Flip by Martyn Bedford
4. Once you’ve completed your challenge, post a link to your review in the comments below.
About the Prize:
If you complete the Young Adult Challenge, you’ll be entered for a chance to win our prized pack of beauty products and the book of your choice from the next Random Reader Challenge.
Young Adult books morph you back into teenager mode, a time when braces, boys and prom were our number one concerns. Our Beauty Product Prize Pack is the perfect fit for this challenge, because each product will make you feel rejuvenated and get you looking and feeling like a teenager again!
This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winner Darlene from Winnipeg!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I have already read and reviewed one of these books on my blog…can that count as my entry?
A: No, nice try. You must read and review one of the books during the challenge dates, March 1 to April 30th.
Q: I live outside of Canada. Can I participate?
A: Yes! Of course, we welcome readers from around the world. However, for legal reasons, only Canadian residents excluding Quebec are eligible to win the prize.
Q: I don’t like this genre. Can I substitute another book instead?
A: Sorry, rules are rules. Part of this challenge series is to encourage you to break out of your comfort reading zone and try something new.
Q: What’s the next challenge going to be?
A: Sorry, that’s classified information.
Random Reader Challenge: Young Adult runs from Thursday, March 1 to Monday, April 30 at 11:59pm EST. Open to Canadian residents, excluding Quebec. Winners will be chosen at random from the eligible entries.
Full contest rules:
1. All entries must be entered on-line, at www.booklounge.ca, by registering their participation. The entrant must participate in the challenge by reviewing a book of their choice from the list provided. The review may be posted on the entrant’s blog, website, or social media account such as Facebook, Twitter, GoodReads, LibraryThing, etc. The entrant must post a direct link to their review in the comments section of the original challenge post.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The Random Reader Challenge: Young Adult begins on Thursday, March 1, and closes on Monday, April 30 at 11:59pm EST. Random House of Canada Limited is not responsible for on-line entries that are lost or misdirected. The winner will be randomly selected by no later than May 1, 2012 and will be notified by email. If we do not receive a response to our email within 7 days, a new winner will be chosen.
4. Entrants may enter only once for each challenge. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of on-line entries received.
5. This prize consists of a collection of beauty products (Retail value $180.00) plus one book selected from the next challenge book list (Retail value up to $19.99).
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. Approximate retail value is $200.00.
7. Challenge is open to all Canadian residents over the age of 18 years, except the residents of the province of Québec, employees of Random House of Canada Limited, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, or members of their immediate families.
8. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Random House of Canada Limited will not be responsible for telephone, technical, network, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest.
9. The winners will be posted on the Booklounge.ca Web site at the end of the contest period. Entering the contest constitutes consent to the use of the winner’s statement for publicity and promotional purposes on behalf of Randomhouse.ca and with no additional compensation or further permission (except where prohibited by law). Other entry names will NOT be used for subsequent mail solicitation.
Copyright © 2012 Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Random Reader Challenge: Young Adult'.