We’ve launched a new series called “Random Staff Interrogation” in which you’ll get the low-down on who’s who in our offices. Stay tuned every Tuesday and Thursday for a new introduction, and some surprising answers!
Today I’d like to introduce you to Jennifer Herman, who is the National Accounts Marketing Manager. Here’s how she handled my interrogation:
1. In one sentence, how would you describe your job?
I am surrounded by fabulous people who are passionate about sharing ideas and stories every single day!
2. How long have you worked at Random House, and how did you get into publishing?
I have worked at RHC for five years after having been with Indigo for eight years having held various positions.
3. What does your typical workday look like?
There is no such thing as a typical day which is why I love this industry and this job. There are meetings and events and travel and presentations and juggling. Lots of juggling.
4. What do you like best about your job?
Making a person fall in love with a book they would have never picked up on their own.
5. What was your very first job?
6. If you could do any other job (in or out of publishing) what would it be?
Hmmm talk show host or yoga teacher.
7. Which genre do you read the most?
Fiction with YA a close second.
8. What was your favourite childhood book or author?
9. What are you reading right now?
MWF seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
10. Which author would cause you to jump up and down with excitement upon finally getting to meet them?
I’ve been fortunate to have met almost everyone on my wish list. I guess the only hole so far would be Dean Koontz. And I do deeply regret never having met the late great Mordecai Richler.
Want to be introduced to other great employees? Be sure to check out these additional Random Staff Interrogations
Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Random Staff Interrogation: Jennifer Herman'.